Hello! A lot has changed since I last blogged!
I am now living in Brunswick, Maine attending Bowdoin College. I absolutely love Maine, and I am convinced it is the hidden gem of the United States.
So far, college has been super busy, but this weekend I found myself with a couple of free hours. I thought, “What better way to spend that time than to cook!?”
I decided to make cheesy stuffed jalapeños because they only have three ingredients, are difficult to mess up, and are so so so yummy. Plus, I haven’t had good Mexican food since I left San Diego (though the dining hall food here is amazing!), and I was desperately craving something spicy.
Cheesy Stuffed Jalapeños
from Martha Stewart
6 jalapeño peppers
4 oz cream cheese
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Wash jalapeños. Slice peppers in half long ways. Remove the seeds and white pith and set peppers aside. (Do avoid enflamed hands a couple of hours later, either use gloves when handing the peppers or use a paper towel like I did and touch the peppers and seeds only when absolutely necessary.)
- In a bowl, mix cream cheese and cheddar cheese together. (I find the easiest way to do this is to use a knife and continuously chop them together until they are mixed.)
- Using a knife, fill each jalapeño half with about a tablespoon of cheese mixture. Do not overfill or the cheese may melt over the sides. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown, turning half way through for even cooking.
- Let cool, Instagram a picture, and enjoy!
Yields 12 jalapeño halves